This months Athlete Spotlight is Meghan Fitzpatrick!
We will be doing the Meg F Spotlight WOD this coming Tuesday March 14th
12 min AMRAP of:
6! of Deadlifts & Hang Power Cleans [115/75]
5! of DL & HPC
4! of DL & HPC
3! of DL & HPC
AMRAP Burpees in remaining time (if any)
Continue reading below to learn a little bit more about our newest member of the month Meghan Fitzpatrick!
- What made you choose CrossFit True?
Honestly, it was the closest Crossfit to me and I had a great time at the On-Ramp class. I am so happy with my choice.
- How long have you been Training with us?
It’s been almost three years!
- What do you do for the short time of the day that you aren’t with us (i.e. a job)?
I am a second grade teacher and absolutely love it. I also enjoy cooking with my wonderful husband Paul and spending time outdoors.
- How is your nutrition?Do you eat a certain way?If so when did you make the switch?
I try my best to eat a clean healthy diet. I eat Paleo when doing a challenge but I absolutely love pasta and bread so I have to allow myself those things sometimes. Being married to a chef makes it challenging at times because he brings home such yummy food and I can’t not try it!
- What are your 3 favorite movements/exercises?
I’m nervous to answer this because I don’t want to kick myself later but I would have to say Deadlifts, Power Cleans and Rowing.
- How about a favorite WOD?
While I don’t necessarily enjoy it, the Armistice WOD will always hold a special place with me because I think of my best friend Anna, who serves in the United States Air Force, while I do it and it makes me push that much harder.
- What is your favorite workout song?
Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry
- What’s your favorite type of workout? (AMRAP, Chipper, ladder, rounds for time)
AMRAP for sure. I like to have a time set for my work out so I know how much to expect. I also enjoy racing against myself to get as many round as possible in there.
- Have you changed at all physically or mentally since starting to train with us?
I’ve always struggled with weight but what Crossfit has done is given me a sense of confidence.. I don’t care so much about how I look anymore, it’s more about how I feel. It has also become a safe place for me. No matter what I am going through, I walk into True and am able to forget about everything in the time I am there. It’s a place where I can just think about myself and my goals.
- What are your current goals?
To be more consistent with getting to class and hopefully switch to an unlimited membership so I can be more consistent with exercise.
- What is your favorite color?
- What can you do now that you weren’t able to do before training at CrossFit True
If we’re being specific I’m going to say a Clean. For the first year of Crossfit the Clean was the bane of my existence. I couldn’t get the form down for the life of me, now I absolutely love it!
- Say something else, anything!
Thank you to everyone who is a part of the Crossfit True family. Every single one of you makes True an amazing place to be. I have so many happy and wonderful memories just from the past three years and can’t wait to see what’s next. Oh…and…5:30 a.m. class rules!!! <3