- What made you choose True Athletics?
When I moved to Hamden, I knew nothing about the area. I looked the company up on Google and read many of the reviews. The company stood out the most to me. In addition, I don’t like when a so crowded. I find true atheletics fits best for me.
- How long have you been Training with us?
- What has been your proudest moment in the last 90 days?
Being able to talk to everyone, and not being afraid to add more weight.
- What do you do for the short time of the day that you aren’t with us (i.e. a job)?
I like to read and spending time with family.
- How is your nutrition? Do you eat a certain way? If so when did you make the switch?
I believe my nutrition could use a lot of work. I’m still struggling in that department. Two weeks ago I started transitioning into making more healthy choices. It is not easy, but I will get there eventually. It will be rewarding when I do.
- What are your 3 favorite movements/exercises?
Squats, deadlifts, box jumps
- How about a favorite WOD?
A jog at a brisk pace, followed by jumping jacks, and stretches
- What is your favorite workout song?
- What’s you favorite type of workout? (AMRAP, Chipper, ladder, rounds for time)
rounds for time
- Have you changed at all physically or mentally since starting to train with us?
- What are your current goals?
To develop more muscle.
- How has your overall goal changed since you started?
My overall goal has changed, greatly. I am extremely appreciative of the work I have been able to do.
- What’s been the biggest surprise since you joined?
I built more muscle in my thighs. They are thicker.
- What is your favorite color ?
- What can you do now that you weren’t able to do before training at True Athletics?
I am more flexible since starting and am able to control my breathing when running.
- Say something else, anything!
oTo be honest, when I joined true Athletics I was very nervous. I am very quite but the work out team talked to me and made me feel welcome. I do not feel as shy anymore. Now I know every one’s name. Sometimes when I have bad days Monique will listen to me. That really means a lot to me. Overall, I’m more comfortable with my body, I wear shorts now to go to the gym. I have build more body strength too! I feel like I not only belong to the gym, I feel like part of the family. Thank you for having me here. I have many more years to go!