What made you choose CrossFit True?
I did a lot of researching for a place that would be my home away from home considering my hometown CrossFit family is over three hours away. After my first class here I knew CrossFit True was the perfect fit for me. Everyone supported me and made me feel right at home. It was definitely the right decision!
How long have you been training with us?
I have been training here a little over a year now.
What has been your proudest moment in the past 90 days?
In the past 90 days I achieved a new Pr for my deadlift at 183#.
When your not at the gym, what do you do for work? What do you do for fun?
I am a full time college student when I am not at the gym. I am studying to eventually become a physical therapist. For fun, I watch movies with my roommates, I play the piano, I go shopping, and I sleep!
How is your nutrition? How has it changed since joining CrossFit True?
My nutrition is pretty good I would say considering a few cheat days here and there. Since joining CrossFit True I have felt inspired to eat clean and I have cut down heavily on the amounts of sugars and carbs that I eat.
What are your 3 favorite movements/exercises?
- Ball slams
- Ring rows
What is your favorite style workout? (AMRAP, EMOM, Rounds for Time, etc)
What about your favorite workout?
Any favorite workout songs?
- Help-Papa Roach
- Any linkin park or eminem
Have you changed physically or mentally since you’ve been working out with us?
- Physically and mentally I have become so much stronger. This is where I come to get out all of my stress of the day! It physically has made me leaner and way more flexible. Mentally it motivates me and challenges me to do things I never thought I could.
What are your current goals?
–My current goals are to constantly challenge myself and push myself to do more and to live a healthy lifestyle. The more I push myself the greater it feels when I accomplish my goals.
How have your goals changed since you joined?
- When I first joined, it was all about just getting a good workout in. I didn’t care before about increasing the weight I was lifting, or getting push ups. It was just to get my heart pumping and to sweat. Now I am always challenging myself and actually want to improve my lifts and my skills, rather than just get a workout in.
What has been the biggest surprise since joining CF True?
– How supportive and welcoming all of the people are. In every class I feel comfortable to be myself and test my limits and know that no one is judging me, only cheering me on.
What can you do now that you couldn’t do before joining?
- I don’t even know where to start! I can now squat, jump rope, do push ups, and lift with proper form
Say something else, Anything!
- I love crossfit, dogs, and the Eagles!