What made you choose CrossFit True?
- I had been wanting to join a gym but had no idea where to start in terms of lifting. Erin Michaud asked me if I wanted to come to Bring a Friend day about a year ago & I decided to go. After the workout, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it & I booked my No Sweat Intro.
How long have you been training with us?
- 1 year
What has been your proudest moment in the past 90 days?
- My proudest moment has been showing up at least 3 times a week & finally using the blue barbell consistently.
When you’re not at the gym, what do you do for work? What do you do for fun?
- I’m a sixth grade teacher in New Haven. I love spending time with my family, especially my nephews, going out with my friends, walking, & love to travel.
How is your nutrition? How has it changed since joining CrossFit True?
- My nutrition has definitely improved since joining CrossFit. I eat relatively healthy everyday but still live life & eat foods that I enjoy. I have become more cognizant of portion sizes and just making healthier decisions when it comes to my nutrition. I also drink a lot more water throughout the day.
What are your 3 favorite movements/exercises?
- Front or Back Squats, Single Unders, & Sit-ups
What is your favorite style workout? (AMRAP, EMOM, Rounds for Time, etc)
What about your favorite workout?
- I really liked the 1776 workout we did on July 3rd.
Any favorite workout songs?
- Too many to name but I really like hip-hop/rap & anything with Drake in it.
Have you changed physically or mentally since you’ve been working out with us?
- I have definitely gained more muscle & have become more toned since starting. I have more energy & feel less stressed.
What are your current goals?
- I want to continue strengthening my upper body & being more comfortable with overhead movements.
How have your goals changed since you joined?
- I think many of my goals have stayed the same. I just want to continue getting stronger.
What has been the biggest surprise since joining CF True?
- The biggest surprise since joining CF True is definitely the community. Everyone is welcoming & supports one another. I never thought I would look forward to working out & actually enjoy it, and now I do!
What can you do now that you couldn’t do before joining?
- Honestly before CrossFit, I don’t think I ever used a barbell so all of those movements were new for me.
Say something else, Anything!
- Thanks to the coaches for holding me accountable & pushing me to be better.