What made you choose CrossFit True?
- I decided to join the true team because it was close to my house and after spending 6 months with my newborn daughter, I gained a lot of weight lol
How long have you been training with us?
- A little over a year
What has been your proudest moment in the past 90 days?
- Being able to do more than 5 reps on what used to be my one rep max on deadlifts and my back squats. Also being so close to doing a bar muscle up. I know I got it in me but every time I try it, is after a crazy workout and I don’t have the full energy to push myself up the bar.
When you’re not at the gym, what do you do for work? What do you do for fun?
- I’m a diesel mechanic. I work on anything that has big engines, it doesn’t matter the manufacturer. I also do a lot of work with big cranes or anything with hydraulics. Rv is also another thing that I unfortunately work on lol
- For fun I love spending time with my family and my dogs. I love traveling to new places but most of all I love hiking, especially the white mountains in New Hampshire.
How is your nutrition? How has it changed since joining CrossFit True?
- My nutrition is not the greatest but we try to cook as often as possible and try not to order out as much.
What are your 3 favorite movements/exercises?
- I love deadlifts, back squats and rowing
What is your favorite style workout? (AMRAP, EMOM, Rounds for Time, etc)
- Emom is my favorite style of workout just because I know I’ll get some rest and I can start semi fresh on my next round lol
What about your favorite workout?
- My favorite workout would consist of an Emom with low calorie row followed by deadlifts in one minute then low Cals and push Ups another minute and maybe add some sit Ups somewhere in there.
Any favorite workout songs?
- I love any type of music from heavy metal, house, Latin music
Have you changed physically or mentally since you’ve been working out with us?
- I have change physically, I’ve lost more than 30 pounds probably would have been more but at the beginning was hard to wake up so early lol but I do feel a lot stronger than what I was a year ago
What are your current goals?
- Current goals is to get stronger and build muscle but honestly, mostly I need to make sure I keep going now that we have another baby on the way
How have your goals changed since you joined?
- At first my main goal was to lose weight and now I want to tone and build muscle
What has been the biggest surprise since joining CF True?
- I’m just amazed at how supportive everyone at the gym is and I think that’s one of the reasons I enjoy going to cf true and makes me wanna push myself even harder.
What can you do now that you couldn’t do before joining?
- I couldn’t hold the pull up bar for more than 5 seconds, couldn’t do a single double under, run without having to stop for air, pick any weights that weren’t 95 lbs or above and the list goes on and on..
Say something else, Anything!
- Just push yourself everyone, conquer your goals and enjoy every second of the workouts no matter how hard they are.